The Cedartown Fire Department notified the Standard about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday morning that is was safe for them to return to the building.
The Standards office of had to be evacuated shortly after 10 a.m. when a gas line behind Main Street was broken and natural gas spread into the building.
At the time, the fire department checked other buildings along Main Street to determine if they needed to be evacuated as well.
The leak was caused when Georgia Power was drilling in the ground and hit the gas line, according to Robin Hice, an employee of the Standard.
Hice said the gas was visible coming out of the ground. She said it was so heavy in the air it was like fog.
Atlanta Gas Light crews were on the scene to repair the leak. The fire department and Georgia Power Company also had personnel assisting with the situation.