1. The Cedartown City Commission will meet at 6 p.m. in the council room of City Hall, 201 East Ave.
2. The Compassionate Friends of Polk County meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Second Baptist Church, 152 Evergreen Lane, in Cedartown (across from Cherokee Elementary School). The support group is for families to help with the grief and healing process after the loss of a child. It commemorates and honors children, siblings and grandchildren of all ages who have died from any cause.
3. Main Street Books in Cedartown is participating in World Book Night April 23. Those interested can join thousands of others by donating or helping freely distribute thousands of books to the community. For more information go to www.worldbooknight.org or contact Main Street books 404-502-2183.
4. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
5. Transitions Hospice Care is seeking compassionate individuals to provide support and companionship to patients. Anyone who would like to become an integral part of the Transitions Hospice Care team and offer superior hospice service to patients and families contact Britnee Tow, Volunteer Coordinator, at 706-378-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have an event you would like posted on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter or call 770-748-1520.