1. A Hobo Dinner will be held Saturday, Jan. 21 at the Cedartown Church of God on West Avenue. This event is a benefit for a new food bank, the Compassion Building, that organizers hope to open on South Main Street in Cedartown later this year. A meatless meal consisting of pinto beans, mashed potatoes, onion slices, slaw, cornbread and tea will be served. Plates will be handed out at the Church of God, 448 West Ave., for a suggested donation of $3. Meals will be served from 11 a.m. until around 3 p.m.
2. The Cedartown Public Library is currently holding a used book sale. Sale prices are $1 for hardbacks and $.25 for paperbacks.
1. Pastors Ruby Griffith and Mark Hanson of New Beginnings Tabernacle, 508 McKibben Rd., would like to invite everyone to Sunday school services at 10:30 a.m., worship service is at noon.
2. Truth and Life Ministry is a new church located on McArthur Street led by brother John Vines. Sunday morning services are held at 11 a.m. each week.
3. The Cedartown First Methodist Church will hold Sunday morning services at 11 a.m.
4. The Cedartown First Presbyterian Church will hold Sunday morning services at 11 a.m.
5. Cedartown First United Methodist Church cordially invited everyone to “KOINONIA,” a monthly contemporary praise and worship service on Sunday Jan. 22, at 6:30 p.m.
If you have an event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.