1. Polk County schools are closed for winter holidays
2. Haven, a support group for women, meets each Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium of the Cedartown Housing Authority, 344 West Ave. A group discusses such issues as domestic violence, sexual assault and addictions among other topics. The group is described as a place where women can safely talk about any problem or issue they may be having. For more information, contact 770-748-6633 or 770-748-2300.
3. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
4. Transitions Hospice Care is seeking compassionate individuals to provide support and companionship to patients. Anyone who would like to become an integral part of the Transitions Hospice Care team and offer superior hospice service to patients and families contact Britnee Tow, Volunteer Coordinator, at 706-378-2273 or email@example.com.
5. The Boys and Girls Club nationwide are benefiting from car donations. Donated cars are auctioned off and funds generated support their many programs. To donate a vehicle, or for more information, call 800-246-0493.
If you have an event you would like listed on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.