1. The City of Rockmart is currently holding sign-ups for the 2011-2012 youth basketball season. Registration is continuing through Nov. 18 at the Municipal Complex from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The cost is $50 per child and a copy of each child’s birth certificate is required if they have not played before. For more information, contact Jeff Hulsey at 678-757-1001.
2. Haven, a support group for women, meets each Tuesday at 2 p.m. in the auditorium of the Cedartown Housing Authority, 344 West Ave. A group discusses such issues as domestic violence, sexual assault and addictions among other topics. The group is described as a place where women can safely talk about any problem or issue they may be having. For more information, contact 770-748-6633 or 770-748-2300.
3. Rockmart USA Youth Wrestling is currently registering wrestlers for the 2011-2012 season. Registration is from 6-8 p.m. at the Rockmart Takedown Club practice room inside Scoggins Hall at the old Rockmart High School on Tuesday, Nov. 1 and Thursday, Nov. 3.
4. The Cedartown Board of Commissioners will meet at 7 p.m. at the Georgia State Patrol building, 29 Hugh Hardison Dr. Cedartown.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.