1. A vegetable growers market is held every Tuesday and Friday at Peek Park. The market will be open from 7 a.m.. to 8:30 a.m. each day and will continue through the summer months. The market began June 24.
2. The International Missionary Society, 625 West Ave., is pleased to offer the course “Spanish for Professionals.” This free 12 week course, taught by Dr. Raquel Orce, covers the basics of conversation, pronunciation and grammar. The class began on Sept. 13 and is held every Tuesday from 6-7 p.m. Call 770-748-0077 for reservations.
3. The Rockmart Civic Arts Commission is holding Open Studio Pottery on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 p.m. The weekly fee is $12. For more information call 770-684-5454.
4. Girl Scout registration is scheduled for several dates and locations in Polk County. Today registration will be from 6-8 p.m. at the Polk County Fair. Girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade can join Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts are also in need of volunteers who are committed to helping great girls.
5. The Polk County fair is going on this week.
If you have an event you would like added to the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.