1. A vegetable growers market is held every Tuesday and Friday at Peek Park. The market will be open from 7 a.m.. to 8:30 a.m. each day and will continue through the summer months. The market began June 24.
2. The Polk School District Board of Education budgetary committee will meet at the central office at 6:30 p.m.
3. The “Open Studio Pottery” continues every Tuesday, from 6:30–8:30 p.m. in the Cultural Arts Center, Suite 102. This is a work at your own pace pottery class with instruction, materials, glazing, and firing included in the low price of $12 per person.
4. The Magistrate of Polk County located in the municipal building, 200 South Marble St., Rockmart, is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. For more information, call 770-684-4718.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have an event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.