1. A vegetable growers market is held every Tuesday and Friday at Peek Park. The market will be open from 7 a.m.. to 8:30 a.m. each day and will continue through the summer months. The market began June 24. For more information, call the Polk County Extension office at 770-749-2142
2. The “Open Studio Pottery” continues every Tuesday, from 6:30–8:30 p.m. in the Cultural Arts Center, Suite 102. This is a work at your own pace pottery class with instruction, materials, glazing, and firing included in the low price of $12 per person.
3. The Polk School District Board of Education will meet at the Main office in Cedartown at 6:30 p.m. for its regularly scheduled monthly meeting
4. The Polk County Board of Elections has a meets every second Tuesday of every month at 1 p.m. at 144 West Ave. Sweet D.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have an event you would like posted on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.