1. A vegetable growers market is to be held every Tuesday and Friday at Peek Park. The market will be open from 7 a.m.. to 8:30 a.m. each day and will continue through the summer months. The market began June 24.
2. The 34th annual Homespun festival in Downtown Rockmart begins today.
3. The Kiwanis Club of Cedartown meets every Friday at 12:15 p.m. at Cherokee Country Club.
4. The “Locally Grown Talent” exhibit is open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays, from 10 AM until 4 PM. The new gallery is located in the Rockmart Municipal Complex Cultural Arts Center. Everyone is invited to visit and view the Art. Admission is always free
5. The Lighthouse Food Pantry located at 294 W I Parkway, Dallas. is open from 6:30 until 8 p.m. each Friday. To receive assistance, you must have a photo ID for everyone in the home 18 years and older, Social Security cards on everyone in the home, proof of address (no older than 30 days old) and proof of income. Help can now be given with baby food and pets. For more information, call 678-363-7470.
If you have an event you would like published in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.