1. The Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation Authority has partnered with SilverSneakers to serve as a host location for SilverSneakers® fitness classes. The fitness class meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9 a.m. at the Charles C. Parker Center for Active Adults.
2. Coosa Valley Regional Services is holding their monthly board meeting on Feb. 16, at 10 a.m. at the main office in Rome, 3 Riverside Industrial Pkwy. All public is cordially invited to attend.
3. The Shorter University Theatre Department will perform “Pride and Prejudice” Feb.16-19 and 23-26 in the university’s Callaway Theatre. Shows begin at 7:30 p.m. with the exception of 2 p.m. Sunday matinees.
4. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
5. Transitions Hospice Care is seeking compassionate individuals to provide support and companionship to patients. Anyone who would like to become an integral part of the Transitions Hospice Care team and offer superior hospice service to patients and families contact Britnee Tow, Volunteer Coordinator, at 706-378-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Opportunities are available in Rockmart, Cedartown and Rome.
If you have an event you would like listed in the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter email@example.com or call 770-748-1520.